Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nick Turns Thirty

The girls could not have been more jazzed for Nick's birthday! They told everyone they saw, even complete strangers, it was their Dad's special day- pretty darn cute. Nick was able to get off of work early to kick-start the festivities with a picnic at the park. Nick and I then went to see "Clash of the Titans" -without kids!!! After which we went home to grill up some yummy steaks with the girls. We topped off the evening with a serious game of "Trouble" and cake and ice cream. Nick was a good sport about his tractor turning out pink (I ran out of red food coloring! This was after I broke my second mixer of the week and had just given myself blisters from trying to hand mix the frosting to "light and fluffy.") He was also a good sport about having a pink "special day" banner hung up for his day. It really is hard to be the only guy surrounded by girls!
Happy Birthday Babe!!! We love you!!!

4 comments:

Gavin and Natalie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Yay! It looks like you had an amazing day! Pink tractor and all. :) (It didn't look pink in the pic...and I'm impressed you kept going with blisters. You are such a better wife than I am! haha.) We thought of you and wish we could've been there!

Love you guys!

Sandy said...

Great job on the cake!

Happy Birthday, Nick!

Hatch Family Blog said...

Happy Birthday Nick!!

Jenni and fam said...

Your girls are getting so big and Nick is getting so old too!! Hee hee, just kidding. Loved your april fools idea! That was great! Looks like you guys are doing super. We enjoy watching your girls grow at least a bit by seeing pictures.