Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools

Hannah really got into April Fools Day this year. All week she has been doing "Your shoes untied" or "There's a bug on you" or calling me Daddy and Nick Mom or even hiding Nick's socks Thursday morning. She just giggles and thinks it is the funniest thing ever and loves to say "April Fools!!" Nick and I decided to pull a little joke ourselves...

After a yummy spaghetti dinner I went to the fridge to pull out some cupcakes the girls and I had made early that day so we could frost them. (Bear with me on the replay, script writing is not one of my strengths.)
Me: "Honey, I thought you put the spaghetti away."
Nick: "I did."
Me: "Then why is there spaghetti all over the cupcakes?" I pull out the following cupcakes and Hannah's face turned very serious.
Hannah: "Maybe we can just scrape the noodles off."
Me: "I don't think so, they look pretty stuck on."
Hannah: "Well, I guess we will just have to think of something else for a special treat." She paused... looked really close... and licked some frosting...
Nick: "April Fools!!!"
Hannah just laughed and was a great sport about our little joke! I think next year we are going to have to up our game.

8 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Those turned out really cute!

Grace said...

Those look absolutely disgusting. I would have been just as worried as Hannah. I love how creative you are on all the holidays.

Mike and Lindsey said...

Darling idea. What fun parents you are.

4 Olsen's said...

That is so cute April. Mia got a big kick out of it, you have become her "April Fools" hero

Gavin said...

Hahahaha....We are laughing so hard. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. haha. Love it!
Natalie

Annie Hatch said...

Oh I saw that in this adorable cupcake book and was planning on doing it. Too bad I totallly forgot it as April Fool's Day. So lame! Your's turned out sooo cute though...well in a gross sort of way. :)

Elise said...

Those turned out so cute! I love it. Again, you are amazing!

sienna said...

Love it!