Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

Our family had a perfect Easter season. We don't have a lot of holiday decorations- nor the space to store decorations if we had them- so it is lucky for me my girls love to help make some! They made the following really cute sock bunnies that have helped our little home be a bit more festive (they have even taken to them to bed to cuddle with.)
Friday kicked off our celebration with an egg hunt at our church. They got so much candy the Easter Bunny didn't even have to bring any this year...awesome!!!
Sunday morning they woke up to a few Easter surprises...new books and aprons (this was a sewing project of epic proportions and I am SO GLAD to have it over). We enjoyed an Easter Brunch of muffins, eggs, and fruit salad with our good friends the Larson's . This year we held the first Plastic Easter Egg War. I think next year we might have to split the teams a bit different then Boys vs Girls because Nick found himself largely outnumbered. Hannah, to our utter amazement, showed a competitive side and loved every second of bombing her Dad. Audrey's big discovery of the day was her love of balancing things on her head. Nick would put a toy on the top of her head and she would hold very still so it wouldn't fall off. Needless to say, this trick kept us all completely entertained.
Look at how cute we all are in our matching aprons!! Martha has nothing on us (ha, ha, ha...)

5 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

The aprons are darling! This is random, but I noticed your book racks/shelfs in the background. I have been looking high and low for ones that don't look like they came out of a doctors office. Where did you get those?

wrightNOW said...

April, You are the cutest, funnest mom ever! I love your cute matching aprons...very fun!

Elise said...

You are so creative! I really wish that I could whip up amazing things on the sewing machine.

Sandy said...

Cute, cute, cute! how did you make the bunnies? I want to make some!

Gavin and Natalie said...

Yay! You finished them! They look beautiful. Martha has definite competition. The balancing trick for Audrey is pretty cute. Love, love the dresses! Nice job! And..easter bunnies...you make me tired just looking at the projects you complete. ;)