My brother Zach got married in Billings, MT on June 13 so Nick and I decided to cash in all of his vacation days and spend a wonderful week visiting all of our family in Wyoming. We had such a whirlwind week filled with Grandmas, Grandpas, cousins, aunts, uncles, driving over 3000 miles, and nothing but FUN!!
On our drive to Montana, we drove through Yellowstone National Park. I guess you know you are from California when your daughter begs you to stop so she can make a snowball!
Leaving the park we drove over Beartooth Pass from Cooke City to Red Lodge, MT. The view from the top, which is over 10,000 feet, was absolutely spectacular.
The Tolman Family on the big day (except for my brother Ben who could not make it to the wedding):
Hannah and her cousin Iszac were very much into posing for pictures at the temple together. Looking good!!
Visiting my Grandma Tolman in Worland, WY:
We even got a chance to enjoy our little boat, which Nick's parents are kind enough to store for us, on the lake.
Chasing down the boats Hannah and her cousins made and were racing on the cannel behind my parent's house:
LOVING the chance to play on a piano (my poor little deprived apartment kids):
Nick's family had a pine-wood derby race on Friday night. Hannah wanted her car to be a pink with sparkles glass slipper. Way to go Nick and Grandpa Bob for making her dreams come true!!
Zent cousins ready to race:
At my brother's open house Hannah was convinced she was part of the receiving line... and stood there for a good hour. Luckily Zach and Brie thought it was fun to have her tag along with them.
Our week went by so fast and we had such a fantastic vacation. Thanks to everyone for making our trip wonderful... we can hardly wait for next summer's trip!!!
6 comments:
Ok April...I need some traveling tips! How did you drive 3000 miles with your kids and how did you survive? We are driving everywhere this summer and I am getting a little nervous about it! Anything that worked well for you?
You looked so great and cute in the family wedding pic!
Yay, you survived the trip! Looks like you guys had a great time. We should get together and do something soon.
I can't believe your little brother is married!!! When did we get old? and your Grandma is so cute. Love the pics of the girls and the snow...you can come here any time we gets lots of it...haha
We were so glad to be able to spend some time with you guys! Glad you survived the trip home!
I bet you didn't even want to come back to California after all of that fun! We are going to go to Yellowstone in August. I am so excited. It is so pretty up there.
So...I drove to Cedar City last weekend with my girls and we couldn't even make that 3 hour trip without a stop halfway! I can't imagine a 3000 mile trip!! I loved the pictures. It's fun to see your family- I love them and miss them! Tell Zach congrats for me!
Post a Comment