At about 3 p.m. on Saturday afternoon (while Nick was away studying for a upcoming certification exam) I received the following text:
"Your good looking husband has been kidnapped! We stole his phone too. Do exactly what we tell you and you might get him back. Might."
It was followed by additional texts which instructed me on where to drop off the kids and to be at the mailboxes at 4 pm. When I dropped off Hannah and Paige at my friend Kim's house (THANKS KIM!!!) she handed over my mailbox keys. At the mailboxes I found my friend Natalie (also having received the same instructions) and a note in my mailbox which instructed us to take the money in the envelop and go to Victoria Gardens (an outdoor mall) and buy the cutest thing possible within the allotted amount given. It also told us we only had 45 minutes to complete the assignment. So off we went and I got these shoes:
When our 45 minutes was up we got picture texts which lead us to this gazebo:
And these beautiful roses:
Once we had picked up our roses we got more picture clues which lead us to this yummy place:
We walked in and there sat our released husbands!!! The kidnappers had found it in their hearts to let them go and join us for dinner. Reunited at last!!!
Thanks so much Nick for an extra special evening!! It made me feel so loved and beautiful!!
9 comments:
Ohhh, that is so sweet. Nick can you give my Husband some tips?
Wow - I'm super impressed - Nick totally had to think ahead AND act on it:) Way to go, Nick!
That is awesome! Kudos to Nick!
Cutest thing ever! 3 cheers for Nick. You are beautiful, April! Plus- you have super cute feet.
I always knew that Nick was a sweetheart! How fun and romantic.
Okay, you may not be blog stalkers but we are! :) It was fun to see you guys today! We didn't know you had a blog so we're glad to have found it! It's a fun way to keep updated! We're so happy for your brother!
-Jill, John and the dancing queen!
Oh, P.S. this sounds like it was a GREAT evening! How fun!
Are you sure that Nick had something to do with this? That so doesn't sound like my brother...he must of hit his head and married a great chick who has made him even greater!!!
Awwwww that is so super fun. Yay Nick for being a great husband!
I think that is the cutest thing I have ever heard. Seriously. Go Nick!--Feel free to pass some ideas on to Joe.
Post a Comment