Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Weekend Camp Trip

Hannah's wish of going camping finally came true this weekend.  We loaded up the gang (along with friends Grace, Jake, and Evie) and headed to Point Mugu State Park (about 2 hours north of us) and went camping.  Beach camping is a whole new experience for us but to sum it up, we had a FANTASTIC time.  We camped about 20 yards from the beach and enjoyed seeing sea lions, dolphins, and pelicans all from our camp site.  The weather was wonderful, we all enjoyed the cooler air and morning fog cover!

Hannah and Paige at the beach, about a mile down the road from where we camped. Paige hanging out with Evie.All the girls...camping is such fun!

A family who plays together stays together- or at least can dig one big hole.

Nick and Hannah chasing the birds on our morning stroll.

Our campsite beach was really rocky.  Hannah loved building in the rocks- here she is in her Cinderella castle.Nick and the girls hanging out in the tent.

I have never seen Hannah so dirty.  This picture was taken right after breakfast...need I say more?






3 comments:

sienna said...

I love that first picture of your girls sitting together on the beach- SOOOO precious!! What a fun trip. Looks like you all had a great time! I know what you mean about how dirty the kids get- the last river trip we took River on she came home with dread locks and was FILTHY dirty. She had the time of her life, though, and I loved not even caring a bit about how dirty she was getting!

Sandy said...

I'm seriously going to cry - you're living my life! What am I doing in WYOMING!!?? Dang it!

Looks like you guys are living up the SoCal life:) Enjoy the beach - you'll miss it when you leave!!

Kimberly Larson said...

This looks like a really fun camping trip! My favorite pic is Hannah running after the birds! You were in a good spot for the picture....BEHIND the action!