Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pizza

While I am a no frills pizza gal, pepperoni and cheese, there is nothing basic about my love affair with pizza. I have decided it is not just the perfect bread crust, melted cheese, or just that touch of grease which makes me keep coming back for more, it is the memories. Growing up, pizza was an "all hands on deck" dinner. Rolling dough, poking holes in the crust, stirring the sauce, arranging the toppings, everyone had a job. Now, when my little family makes pizza, the girls eagerly help with each and every task. By the time the pizza finally reaches the table, there is at least 2 cups of flour on the floor, everyone has eaten 10 pepperonis to "taste" the sauce, and Paige has shreds of cheese in her hair. I am thankful today for yummy food and the memories I get to make with my little ones.

2 comments:

wrightNOW said...

April...ok, I NEED your pizza recipe!!! So fun to get to help mom make stuff...the mess is always hard, but it is worth it! you are a darling mom!

Sandy said...

I am highly grateful for pizza, too...after all these years, I think pizza is still the perfect meal :)