Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hall Bath Reveal

I feel like we are close enough to completion on our hall bath to show off some pictures. The trim needs done (down the road) and the door replaces (waaaaaay down the road) but I am so excited with how things have turned out thus far.

So come on in, take a look around...
First lets take a quick look back...
We ended up tearing out the flooring, which was carpet (really?!?!?!? Who puts carpet in a bathroom?) and tore out the existing vanity. Nick also had to solve some unknown plumbing problems along the way. Isn't that just how projects go?
We tore out the medicine cabinet on the wall and sheet-rocked it in...
Nick also did some nice electrical work removing the recessed light and putting in a more central light and fan. He also added lights on the wall on both sides of a new mirror. You can also see in this picture the door we took out and sheet-rocked which was in-between the bath and laundry room...
Here is a cute pic of Paige just because...
And here is how our bathroom looks today...
I do want to just add in my contributions to the project. I painted the walls (twice, because the color was very purple the first time around) and sewed the curtains. Yea for me!! Thanks to Nick's brother Aaron, we were able to utilize all his tile tools to tile the room. I cannot even put in words how great it is to have tile in our bathroom! We ended up using outdoor lights on each side of the mirror. They were so much cheaper!!! I did have to spray paint them to get them white and I frosted their glass walls (just like spray paint.) The mirror we scored at Pottery Barn Outlet and we ended up spray painting it white as well. We ended up keeping the same green tile around the tub/shower, so I didn't take a ton of pictures of that area. By far the highlight of the bathroom is the vanity, which Nick made (I helped paint it...look at me!) He really did such an awesome job with it!!!

The drawer on the top is perfect for all the girl's bathroom stuff...
And the bottom folds down for a bit more storage and works as a stool so the girls can brush teeth and wash hands. PERFECT!!
It is so exciting to have one room down even though it took a good month longer then we planned, just like any good project does. On to the next...

8 comments:

wrightNOW said...

Are you kiddding???? That is the coolest vanity, step stool, storage, ever. I LOVE the paint job too! And the curtains...you guys rock!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I know I say this every time..but seriously you Zents kill me in your handy/craftiness! COME ON!!! Nick made that, and just happened to re-plumb, redo electrical, yada yada yada! Amazing you guys, amazing. If you ever need some foot work done let us know, we'll trade you for some of your wood building skills :) (I'd give us a few more years, maybe till we're done with residency).

Sandy said...

Wow - it looks AMAZING!!

Elise said...

You two are way too talented! I love the transformation. Keep the pictures coming. It is so fun to see your projects!

sienna said...

Holy smokes!! It looks so great. I, too, am IN LOVE with the vanity and the built in step stool. You guys are amazing!

Grace said...

It looks great! I'll have to come over soon to check it out live. I love how the vanity has a built in stool...genius.

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

We found you. It was fun to see you guys at the Halloween party. Your bathroom looks great. I love the vanity with built in step stool...so cool! Andrea keeps us update on your house and the work in progress. So fun to see before and after pics.

agzent said...

The Bathroom looks great. The paint you picked ties it all together so nicely.