Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rainy Week

According to Hannah's rain gauge, we have received 7.5 inches of rain this week. Us poor Southern California kids are not use to being inside for a whole week! We have really had to put on our thinking caps and come up with some "inside" activities to keep us busy. Our list includes: making fruit-loop necklaces, constructing a fort in our living room (not just for pretend play- also used for eating lunch, nap taking, and some intense book reading sessions), checking our rain gauge at least 5 times a day, puddle hunting with our galoshes, making cookies (more then once... not really helping the "loss the baby-weight" goal), having a pizza/movie night, playing a lot of dress-up, fine-tuning mom's ability to make a monkey out of play-dough, and actually having a reason to make hot cocoa. Maybe a rainy week once in a while isn't that bad...

6 comments:

Elise said...

Way to get creative! I have to admit we turned into couch potatoes last week. Thank goodness it only rains a few days out of the year here!

Maria said...

Hey! Next time we're coming over to your house for the week. We still went out a little too much and I think Brooklyn's getting sick now...no good.

Grace said...

Sounds like a fun week despite the rain. I say we hit up Disneyland this week for sure.

Sandy said...

Fun, fun! I need to get some ideas from you...we have been stuck in the house for like 2 months and I ran out of fun things to do about 1 3/4 months ago :)

Andrea S. said...

Next time it rains I'm calling you! We could definitely use some fort building tips along with some of your other fun ideas.

Annie Hatch said...

Yep, sorry but I can't seem to muster up very much sympathy for ya. Not when we are stuck here trying to come up with months of inside activities! :)