On Monday we spent all morning looking at bank-owned homes in the Rancho Cucamonga area. After looking at a lot of yucky, trashy homes we found one!!! It was perfect... and only needed about $50,000 of improvements for us to move in. Our agent went to make an offer only to find out the bank had just accepted 1 of 48 offers already made for $90,000 more then the asking price. Lesson learned.... don't get your hopes up for getting a house anytime soon. Despite the slap of reality, the girls had a great time looking at all the houses, Nick has an even better time pointing out every flaw in each house, and I enjoyed keeping everyone supplied with hand sanitizer.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Don't Get Your Hopes Up
On Monday we spent all morning looking at bank-owned homes in the Rancho Cucamonga area. After looking at a lot of yucky, trashy homes we found one!!! It was perfect... and only needed about $50,000 of improvements for us to move in. Our agent went to make an offer only to find out the bank had just accepted 1 of 48 offers already made for $90,000 more then the asking price. Lesson learned.... don't get your hopes up for getting a house anytime soon. Despite the slap of reality, the girls had a great time looking at all the houses, Nick has an even better time pointing out every flaw in each house, and I enjoyed keeping everyone supplied with hand sanitizer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is certainly a different market all together than the rest of the country's, when you start dealing with desirable neighborhoods in Southern California.
Aw, bummer! I have no doubt you guys will will find the perfect house (eventually) because you're just cool like that :) And next time you come visit us, please tell Nick to pretend he no longer has the house-fault-finding skills...but you're welcome to bring the hand sanitizer :)
I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole house hunting bit. I'm so excited for you guys and that you're looking, but c'mon now; let's be realistic….you know you don't want to move away from us (ha, ha totally wishful thinking on my part). I'm sure you will find the perfect house for you guys and I can't wait to see what you do with it! Hooray for house hunting, crazy realtors, and hand sanitizer.
Post a Comment