Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Joshua Tree National Forest

Nothing like camping in the desert in March!! We got scorched by the sun during the day and froze to death at night.  Both the girls had a wonderful time... as did the parents.  Thanks to our friends Jake, Grace, Evie, Natalie, and Gavin who braved the "wilderness" with us!!

Hannah the rock climber:
Getting ready for our morning hike:
Skull Rock:
Paige being very dirty and loving every minute of it:
The unique landscape of Joshua Tree:
P.S.  By way of announcement, Nick and I are excited to be expecting #3 set to arrive at the end of August.  I was suppose to find out today if it was a boy or girl but the ultrasound machine was broken at my doctor's office!!  Hannah is VERY sure it is a boy.  She rubs my belly and says"Hello baby brother" and will bless her "baby brother" when she says prayers.  I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks to know if she is right or not!

8 comments:

sienna said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations, April! That is exciting for you guys! How frustrating that the ultrasound machine was broken- if you are like me finding out is one of the highlights of the pregnancy.

Where did you go on your camping trip? Looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to go camping this summer. We might even get brave and take both girls on a river trip...we'll see!

Love you guys!

Sandy said...

Bummer! I was actually going to email you today and see if you'd found out yet...guess not!!

Looks like a fun camping trip! Camping...hmmm...we got snowed in here yesterday - don't think we'll be camping for a little while still!

Elise said...

How fun! It's true... you are hot during the day and freezing at night there. I am impressed that you are camping and pregnant. You go!

Our Little Family said...

oh my gosh, April! I am so excited for you...look at your little family getting bigger. I can't wait to find out what you are having, stupid ultrasound machine.

I can't wait to go camping, I wish we could all go together.

Rebecca R. Farnsworth said...

Congrats! You better call Kathy to tell her...you know she doesn't check blogs...that woman and her technology!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Oh that's so exciting! Can't wait to find out what it is.

The Gallup Family said...

We love your cute family we missed you in nursery last Sunday :( Thanks for all your help at the house :)

CrAzYfUnFaMiLy said...

cute family! you guys look like your having so much fun! i had to make my blog private so email me your email and i will add you to the list crazyfunfamily@gmail.com