Monday, February 9, 2009

A Visitor and Bedtime Mischief

Last week Monday night and Tuesday we got to spend with Nick's brother Aaron.  It was so fun to see someone from our family... even though Aaron was not that useful on family happenings and gossip!  Thanks Aaron for spending part of your trip with us, we loved it!
Friday night I went into the girl's room for the last tuck-in of the night and saw the following scene on the wall right by Hannah's bed:
Because it was dark (and I had watched some silly cop show on CBS that very night) I immediately thought it was blood.  I ran into our room, woke up Nick, and made him scoop out the crime scene himself.  He took one look at the graffiti, declared it pink chap-stick, and went back to bed (p.s. he was right about it being pink chap-stick.)  I went to bed only to lie awake contemplating the best way to scrub chap-stick off a wall for about 30 minutes!  The best part of the whole experience happened the next morning when I was trying to sneak into Hannah's room to take a picture of her art design without her seeing me- she came rushing in her room "Mom, isn't my picture so cute?  Are you taking a picture of it for the blog?"  You do have to give the girl props for her usage of stickers for accents in just the right places!
  

4 comments:

Jenn Olsen said...

That is so funny, gotta love our little artists.

Sandy said...

Maybe she's got some SCRAPBOOKER in her, haha! Wow, that's awesome. and very creative with the pink chapstick - my kids usually stick to pens and pencils! I bet some dishsoapy water (you know, cut the grease...?) would take it right off. I did notice a few (maybe) letters in there, though - smart cookie:)

Kimball called Aaron the other day to sell him some Girl Scout cookies and she told us he said he was on his way to see Uncle Nick. We weren't exactly sure if she heard correctly or not, so I'm glad to find out that she wasn't making it up!

Elise said...

Oh, man! This is one of those situations where you don't know if you should just laugh or get upset. I usually end up laughing... kids are just so funny! She is quite a little artist, too.

Rebecca R. Farnsworth said...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, with just a bit of water, will take that right off. :)