Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slime

My sister-in-law Sandy just posted how to make pot-holders on her blog.  Just to show her how crafty I am (ha, ha, ha ) here is a quick, easy, fun, and non-messy rainy/snowy day idea.  Trust me, if Hannah and I can figure it out, it can be handled by all moms of America.

Mix 1 TBL of Borax (found by laundry soaps) to 1 cup warm water.  Stir till dissolved.   In a Ziplock sack mix 1/4 cup Elmer's glue with 1/4 cup warm water.  Gradually add the Borax solution to the Ziplock till a good consistency.  I found you really only use about 1/4 to 1/2 of the Borax solution.  When mixed good the Slime isn't sticky and can be keep in an air-tight container for days of enjoyment. Also, you could add food coloring... the sky is the limit.  Enjoy!!  

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I totally forgot about this stuff-- we made it at a preschool I worked at in high school, but we called it Gak. Thanks for posting the recipe - I'm definitely going to get the stuff and make it with Josh - he'll love it!

Elise said...

We will have to give it a try!

Nik and Michelle Tolman said...

Cute Pic sis!!!!

Can't wait to see you all in May!
:D

Annie Hatch said...

I always love new ideas to do with Landon, thanks. Also, Christina just told me the good news! Congratulations, we are so excited for you! Thats cool you and Christina are only a couple weeks apart.