Yesterday my tender baby girl turned one-year-old. What a bitter-sweet day! It is always sad to see them hit the one year mark- it is all down hill from here- walking, talking, developing an attitude, and why go on? Yet, it is such a happy day to celebrate Paige and what she has added to our family. What a blessing!! We love her dearly and feel so overwhelmingly thankful she was sent to our family.
Paige's favorite present was a box of kleenex. Her mom and dad are big spenders!
She also enjoyed banging together the pieces of her new puzzle
and trying to catch balloons Nick threw in the air.
The best part was Hannah. She was fit-to-be-tied it was Paige's birthday and not hers- that Paige had presents to open and not her... too funny.
We enjoyed a birthday dinner of rolls and homemade chicken noodle soup (we still LOVE our noodle dryer Heather and Duncan!) Being the birthday girl, Paige was in charge of making sure the rolls were up to par.
What birthday would be complete without a cake? Ok, I was very lazy and we settled with cupcakes, still kind-of cute...
Paige turned out to be a very timid cake eater. For about 5 minutes she would poke her finger in her frosting, lick it off, and then repeat, very slow and methodical. Finally, she picked it up and went to town- YUMMY!
One last note... today marks Nick's and I seven-year anniversary. As you can see from the following picture we are still very much in love. Love you Nick- thanks for putting up with me!
6 comments:
Happy birthday, Paige!! We love you! (and we're SO glad that your cousin Jordan was not born on her due date - your birthday - 2 weeks earlier was GREAT!)
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a 3 year old who thinks all gifts should belong to them:) Great picture of grumpy Hannah, though:)
And Nick - try as you might, NO ONE believes you anymore when you try to make it look like you still think girls are yucky!
I had no idea that Paige and I share the same birthday. Poor girl it kind of stinks. Hope you are doing well. Liam misses you in the nursery!
Yay for Paige! That picture of Hannah is so funny. That definitely one to put in her album and tease her about for the rest of her life.
I agree having your baby turn 1 is totally bitter sweet. She is getting to be such a big girl, I love her smile. I can't believe that Nick made that kitchen for Christmas...AMAZING! And how fun that you got to go on a cruise!!! We saw the "famous" blow hole...and agree...let down! But honestly I think cruises are the way to go...so much fun!w
I can't believe it has already been almost a year since you guys moved! We miss you.
Happy 7th Anniversary!!!
Your girls are so cute! I really can't believe Paige turned 1!! Piper is 1/2 now and I can't believe that either. They all just need to stop growing up so fast huh!
Post a Comment