Nick got some unexpected time off of work so we decided to go and visit his mission president up in Sacramento. The trip also had an extra perk-- Nick was able to have access to some tools and got the majority of a play kitchen for Hannah and Paige completed (don't tell them-it's for Christmas.) The girls and I had a great time enjoying the wonderful weather and even pulled Nick away from the shop long enough to take us to a pumpkin patch.
Hannah LOVED to jump on the trampoline...Paige was a little unsure but enjoyed it more as the weekend went on.
What Paige did enjoy was being pushed in the swing by big sis. Hannah just could not believe there was a park right by the house (you can tell a kid lives in a city where a swing set is considered a park!)
As weird as it sounds, Nick's mission president was some undeveloped land which is fun to cruise around on in golf carts. (Tess, remember crashing into the tree?) Here is the fam on such a ride-- Hannah begged Nick nonstop our whole trip to take her on the golf carts. She has commented more then once today: "I don't have a golf cart. Maybe we should get one the next time we go to Target."
What a cute family! There was a little train at the pumpkin patch which circled the farm. I was unsure Nick was ever going to be able to get out of the train cart he had to fold himself into.
What good is a pumpkin patch without taking lots of pictures? The girls were good sports... for a while!
Nick was in heaven having a project to complete. He gets so bored living in an apartment--not even room to have a couple tools. To see the completed kitchen you will have to wait for Christmas or can go onto potterybarnkids.com for a sneak peak. What a guy!!
7 comments:
Hey, I've got PLENTY of home improvement projects Nick can come help with over here, you know - if its bothering him that much:)
I'm sure the kitchen will be awesome - can't wait to see!
Cute pictures! My kids loved the golf carts when we visited you guys out there a couple years ago, too - I didn't know Target carried them, though, haha:)
It looks like you has so much fun. I wish we could go do fun fall stuff together...maybe some day love you
What cute pictures. You guys are so cute...what a fam!
I bet you enjoyed Nick..since he is never home!
Good luck with the golf cart. Maybe you should see if Santa Nick could find one!!!
Oh...do you want to be in the xmas drawing for the Zent's? This year, adults will draw adults and kids-kids. It will be easier that way. Just let me know!!!
hey zents, I knew that place looked familiar. (thats where I grew up sac town)well you guys are such a cute family.
Seriously I still can not get over the fact the Nick just makes things. Can't wait to see how the kitchen turns out, guaranteed it will be better than the hand me down Little Tikes one that we have mangled in the corner! Pumpkin Patches are the best!
Your girls are just adorable! I love how Hannah wanted to just pick up a golf cart next time you are at Target! I'm going to check next time I am there too, Hannah.
I can't wait to see how the play kitchen turns out. I'm sure it will just be spectacular- Nick has SKILLS!!
Haha- that was totally not my fault. :) The lock on the paint ball gun was stuck and Camille couldn't figure it out!! Plus, I thought the axels on the go-cart were a little crooked and assumed that ramming it into a tree would fix the problem.
Post a Comment