Monday, August 9, 2010

The First Day

Tidbits from the day:
-Hannah was super brave until it was time to walk into the classroom, then she had a little break down, recovered nicely (somewhat), and headed into class.
-Paige was completely distraught to leave Hannah at the school. She asked me about 100 times if it was time to go get Hannah from school. Asked me 100 more times if she gets to go to kindergarden. No!
-Me (when picking her up from school): "Did you have fun today?" Hannah: "No."
-I think she really did have fun. The rest of the afternoon she spent telling me the rules for inside, the rules for outside, how when you use the bathroom you have to turn it to red, you must sit "criss-cross applesauce" on the square rug or you will take up more then your square, and how your lunch box must stay on the shelf until snack time- even if you are hungry.
-Hannah has no idea what her teacher's name.
-Today the number nine on the calendar was on a green bucket. Hannah: "The ten number will be better tomorrow because it is on a yellow sun." Good to know.
-Hannah was beyond thrilled to have kept her purple card all day.
-I missed my Hannah-bug like crazy!

8 comments:

Christina said...

Crazy that school has started for you already. Public school system here we come... for years and years and years and years! Fun that Hannah gets to bring a snack--lunch boxes are the best! Thomas starts on the 31st. It was great seeing you guys last month.

Jammin said...

Hope your first day at school was GREAT!!! Enjoy your 2nd day!!!

Briawna said...

I was thinking that you started really early out there but Palmer starts next Thursday, so not too much later. We'll have to see if Palmer gets nervous. For now, he asks every day if it's time for school to start and Portia asks every day if she's going to Kindergarten, too. It's great. I'm still torn, not quite sure how I feel about this milestone.

Grace said...

Go Kindergarten! And yay for Hannah being able to repeat all those rules. And since she is moving schools in a couple months, why learn the teacher's name.

sienna said...

She started already? I can't believe our little ones are old enough for kindergarten...River will start in just a couple weeks! I'm not sure I'm ready for this whole school thing!!

Our Little Family said...

I can't believe that Hannah is in Kindergarten!!! Hope she enjoys the rest of the week

Jammin said...

Hey... Hope your guys's trip was great. Enjoy your second week HANNAH!!!!

Elise said...

Way to go Hannah! I am right there with you, April.