Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sewing Day

My dear friend Kim moved yesterday. Coming to California was one of the hardest things I have ever done and she single handedly got me through my first year here...ok, and every day since then. What a blessing to have her in my life- when I truly needed such a friend!!! To help keep myself occupied on the day of her move, I declared a "Sewing Day" and was pretty proud of what I accomplished...

finishing touches on the girl's bird pillows for their beds...
personally, I think they look so cute...
a gathered pillow for mine...
don't you think it adds just a touch of flare?
plus, some cute tote bags for the girls. We are headed to Wyoming in a few weeks for our yearly visit to the families and thought it would be fun to fill them with car goodies for the ride...
What I should have taken a picture of was my house at the end of the day! I guess it was the price I paid for ignoring my kiddos all day.

Kim, I already miss you!!! I hope you guys traveled safe and are FREEZING TO DEATH in Utah (just kidding about the last part.)

7 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Those purses are so cute!!

Elise said...

April, no matter how many times you deny it... YOU ARE SO TALENTED AND CREATIVE!

Sandy said...

Wow - love everything!!!!

Sandy said...

P.S. - is that pillow on your bed from a V&Co. pattern? (I think she's uptownjane on etsy) She had one like that on her blog...if it is...I totally know her!

Gavin and Natalie said...

I love your projects! They look like they should be in some magazine. (Yes! Let's make that our business! What is my part then? haha.) I can't believe Kim is gone already! I'm sorry. I'm glad you kept yourself occupied.

Zent Family said...

Sandy-
It is one of her patterns. I cannot believe you know her!!! I cannot get enough of her stuff...she is very talented!!

Sandy said...

Her husband grew up in SLO and they met while she was in the student ward there going to college - I know her from there. I didn't know her well, just an aquaintance. She is really good friends with Amy (Clark). Her stuff is AWESOME, isn't it?!