Friday, February 19, 2010

Projects

My friend Andrea found the patterns to make these super-cute pillows and banner with her for Valentines Day...
When we bought our felt we got an ample supply!! Having some extra material lying around and being stuck at home with sick kids were just the motivators I needed to complete a few more projects. I made a Stop Light for the girl's bedroom door.
Red means "STOP- Napping or time-out in process."
Green means "GO- Playing allowed."
I made place mats to help Hannah and Paige with their table-sitting job...
I made flowers for the girls' hair for V-Day. Here is Paige modeling hers...
and (Hannah insisted I include this one) a dress for her elephant...
An unrelated felt project is my kitchen organizer I finally finished. Special thanks going out to Nick for completing his covert operation!!!
The top part (not my idea... taken from theprojectgirl.com) is space for a menu, grocery list, and a place to clip outgoing mail.
The bottom part has two rows. Row one is our job list for the week. Row two will have (ok, still working on this part) pictures of our activities for the week.

(Sandy, this is probably the only time I will attempt to be a crafter like you!!)

6 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

PLEASR give me some of your creativity! I can believe the cute little things you think of! You kids must think you are pretty awesome!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Super cute April! I love the flower for the girls hair. (actually I love it all)

Andrea S. said...

Yeah for felt! I had so much fun crafting with you....okay I had so much fun watching you make crafts for me (ha, ha). Your menu board is so cute and I love the chore chart. I think I'm going to make Karston start doing chores just so I can copy it....

Jammin said...

hmmm.. I never knew there could even be a "red" light to play time. Its always green at my house!

Sandy said...

Whew! I LOVE EVERYTHING!! We had a stoplight once upon a time when Josh was a baby...wonder what happened to it? LOL! You did a GREAT job on everything - I must get some felt!

Gavin and Natalie said...

Wow...look how organized you are! i'm so impressed! i love the stop light idea. You'll have to let me know how it works. :) Nice job on everything! i think my favorite is definitely the elephant dress. :) haha.