Nick had meetings in San Diego all week so I took the girls down to crash in his hotel room Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. While it was rainy our whole trip (see, we have winter weather to deal with in Southern Cali) we still had a wonderful trip. On Wednesday the girls and I went to Balboa Park- where we enjoyed the Science Museum, a walk through some amazing gardens, and even a quick picnic between showers. Thursday I took the girls to the zoo (which is breathtaking!)- just a side note, Paige is NOT fond of the rain- and after Nick's meeting we went to Old Town. Friday Nick was able to finish up pretty early so we headed to the Wild Animal Park... where we walked a TON!! The trip was such a fun disruption of our every-day routine and both girls did so well- Nick even commented he would invite us along on another business trip!
Paige making some noise at the science museum:
The Botanical Building at Balboa Park (my favorite of the day):
We walked by this water fountain at the park and three high-school girls were there taking pictures in all kinds of weird/funny poses- naturally Hannah joined in:
Hannah's favorite finds at the zoo were the tigers and the hippos:
My favorite were the Pandas- how cute!! Paige had no favorites, she was down right bitter the whole time!
We all loved the elephants at the Wild Animal Park:
Nick and the girls taking a break from our hike around the Park:
Enjoying Paige's favorite find all week- the carousel:
Both girls loved the hotel. Paige quickly found a drawer to play in and Hannah loved jumping between the beds. She told Nick only girls who were three and named Hannah could jump. Nick asked her "What about girls who are named Heather?" Hannah said, "No Dad! Only girls who are three and named Hannah can jump!" It was kind-of funny.
7 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Kimball still talks about our trip to San Diego when she was 3! We haven't been to Balboa Park yet - its on our list - looks like a great place to take the kids!
(and for the record, I'd take your *winter* weather any day over this 3 degrees in the daytime crap over here!)
I love the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal park. I bet Hannah loved it! I need to take Mckenna back. The last time we went was when she was 1. I am sure she would appreciate it more now.
I love the picture on the carousel. It's a keeper!
How fun!! I want to go!!
Oh this post makes me so homesick! I love Balboa Park, and all the other fun places you went. Glad you had fun, despite the "horrible" winter weather.
Can we come and spend the rest of winter with you guys?!! Looks like you had a really fun trip!
Hey Sis!! So I really like the picture of Paige and xylophones.. its good to see another percussionist in the family!!
:D
Post a Comment