Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mini Vacation

Nick has been spending a lot of time in San Diego for a current project so last week the girls and I decided to head down for a couple days with him.  While he was working hard here...
the girls and I were living it up on the town.  Our first day we headed to Sea World to use our season passes one last time.  While we couldn't hit any of the rides, we had a great time seeing some shows and exploring all the different aquariums.  We even splurged and bought some cotton candy!!!  Nick was able to swing getting off work around 5 so he could take the girls to the hotel pool for some awesome daddy-daughter time.
Our next day we headed to Balboa Park to go the the Natural History Museum.  After driving around forever and not being able to locate a parking spot even semi-close, I decided to take the girls to the Air and Space Museum (I know, how lazy can you get?!?)  This ended up being such a great find.  The girls thought at all the different planes were pretty cool, could not get enough of the mini 4-D movies, and LOVED the display of airline steward's uniforms from different areas (I have to say the ones from the 70's were my favorites.)
While we didn't really get to spend much time with Nick, it was fun to see his job site and have him around for dinner.  When Hannah is in school we don't get to travel with Nick so it was great to be able to take advantage of the opportunity.  

No comments: