After taking off some time (because everyone around here has been sick, sick, sick) Nick was ready to tackle some new projects (I'm riding the wave of his enthusiasm right now.) We have started working both on our entry and the master bathroom. Here are some before pictures:



The entry turned out to be the MESSIEST project demo I have ever lived through. Nick ended up having to rent a jack-hammer to get the slate out.

Last weekend he was able to get down the first layer of self-leveler. There are a few high spots which need sanded down and then we will put down one more layer. But, it is looking pretty good and I cannot wait to get some new tile down...

On to the bath! As Nick was tearing down the shower, we discovered the shower curb was built out of wood. Wood which was very rotten and infested with ants. Gross!

After a day of hard work the bathroom looked like this:


Last weekend, Nick poured a new shower curb....already improved! Now it is all ready for some plumbing and electrical work.

1 comment:
aahhh! Those ants totally grossed me out. I remember when you moved in and I was cleaning your bathroom I saw a bunch of ants...little did I know. Yikes. Can't wait to see the progress.
Post a Comment