Thursday, March 15, 2012

First Lost Tooth

Tuesday Hannah lost her first tooth!!! She has been waiting for this moment all school year. It was been wiggly for some time now...a good 2 months...but she wouldn't let anyone touch it.
After she lost it, she put it in a glass on the table to save it for the Tooth Fairy. I started clearing lunch dishes, grabbed the glass, loaded it in the dishwasher, and started it up not realizing I just loaded Hannah's tooth in it!!! Hannah looked for the glass all afternoon until I realized what I had done. After reassuring her the Tooth Fairy would still come, I wrote a note for the Tooth Fairy to put under her pillow to explain the situation and Hannah wrote one as well. It read, "Please still leave me something. My mom is sorry." Awesome.

While I was taking pictures of Hannah, Paige came over and requested a portrait as well. Who can say no to this face...except me most of every day?

1 comment:

Skidmore Seven said...

You threw Hannah's tooth down the drain, and you tell Paige no...what kind of a mother are you?! Sounds to me like things have fallen apart since the Skidmore's left California. (ha, ha). I'm so glad the tooth finally came out, now she shouldn't have any problems remembering which one it was. What a fun milestone for Hannah.