Thursday, September 8, 2011

Office Space

This summer we really haven't tackled any major projects around the house. Everyone needs a break, right? We still have been trying to tie up some loose ends...one of those being our office space. Here is what it looked like when we moved in:
YIKES!!! I cannot believe we bought that house!!! Here is what it looks like today:
What a difference a year can make!!! A quick breakdown: Nick built the wall organizer, wall calendar is from IKEA (the picture under it I made), I stained the table legs with tinted stain, bought a new desk top, and I made a new seat cushion for the chair. I love how it adds a little color to our family room.
This box we found in our garage when we moved in. Kind-of fun...no real purpose...but fun.
Other house related news, I made a bench for the girls' bedroom. I used three chairs we already had, gave them a new coat of paint, and made a cushion. I like how it turned out...Nick not so much...what do you think?

3 comments:

Nick said...

I think your little bench stinks.

wrightNOW said...

What? Nic does not like your little bench? I love it. I think it is darling and creative.

Skidmore Seven said...

The desk top looks awesome. I think you're house is looking great, I can't believe all that you've done in a year. Um, how any is it that Nick actually posted a comment to tell you he doesn't like the bench? I think it's cute-what's not to like about it? If he doesn't like it tell him he has to build you one...that might change his mind.