Friday, September 24, 2010

Spoiled

Our toilet from the hall bath has taken up residency on our patio since we gutted our bathroom about a week ago.
As I have been glaring at it this week and complaining to Nick about having only one working bathroom my thoughts turned to Nick and I's first house in Provo. When we first moved in to it, we walked two blocks to DI to use the bathroom and would sneak into his brother's house at about midnight each night to shower due to the fact we had zero functioning bathrooms of our own. After about a week, Nick had the toilet working in the completely gutted basement and about a week after that the shower was patched together enough to use. I then realized how spoiled I have become!!! How easy it is to over look all the amazing blessings which I am completely surrounded with to become fixated on something so inconsequential. Lets just hope the toilet moves back inside before it becomes a planter!

2 comments:

Annie Hatch said...

You must be from Wyoming when any thought of a toilet becoming a planter crosses your mind! :) Yes, we have seen plenty of those on our drives through Wy too!

Sandy said...

My grandparents planted cactus in a toilet that got left outside :) My relatives love to tell tales of me trying to use as a toddler. Nice.

Your house will be so great when its done...two bathrooms and all! I don't know what we did with only one bathroom - makes SUCH A HUGE difference in your life!!