Saturday, September 11, 2010

And so it begins...

Nick started the first project for our new house today. His brand new track-saw showed up at our doorstep this week he has no excuse!! The girls need a new book case and it become top priority. (Check out our plans.) Some "for real" DIY projects up and coming will be the hall bath (carpet and my two-year old are NOT mixing) and the beginning of removing the "popcorn" finish off the ceilings (girls' room will be first.)
While Nick was hard at work the girls were busy on the lawn. P.S. I LOVE HAVING A LAWN!!
As with any older home, we are finding fun little quirks in our house.
Exhibit A: Toilet paper holders.
Almost every plug-in is linked to a light switch. I guess it makes sense because there are only 3 room lights in the whole house. The craziest link is the plug-in on the patio is connected to the switch which runs the garbage disposal. Awesome.

2 comments:

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Can I place an order for a girls book shelf? Or a desk...how about a desk Nick? Can't wait to see all your projects!! So glad you have a lawn, I bet the girls are loving it.

Skidmore Seven said...

I can't believe Nick gave in and is going to make you that book case. It's going to look so cute in the playroom.

When you start those diy projects let us know. I'm volunteering Aaron's man power-not to mention I want to come play on your lawn too.