Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rainy Day

Yesterday it rained here pretty much for the first time since April. It was absolutely wonderful!!! Every fall I get a bit of longing to be back home; watching storms roll in and experiencing the change of seasons. I will admit I was somewhat sad this morning when I woke up and the clouds were gone.

The girls got a kick out of playing with umbrellas and Hannah spent the whole day pretending to be Mary Poppins.
We decided it was a perfect day for baking so we made yummy cinnamon rolls and crock-pot applesauce for dinner.
It also gave us a chance to finish our Halloween spiders. Here are my little painters...
and our finished spiders...
which were the perfect finish touch on our Halloween table.
I also finished getting the "faces" glued on my pumpkin pillows. Thanks Kim for making them with me!

8 comments:

wrightNOW said...

I LOVE your Halloween table...it is so cute! I may have to use your idea with the framed boo. Very cute! Does Amber have a blog?

Elise said...

What a fun mom! I have to say, I loved the rain as well. I was really excited at the thought of wearing socks again. After being outside today, it's back in my flip flops I go!

Annie Hatch said...

Very cute Halloween table! I am very glad you made this post because I have been thinking about your delicious crockpot applesause lately and I really need to know how to make it!

Andrea S. said...

Next time it rains I'm inviting myself and the boys over! What a fun rainy day. I love your spiders and am pretty sure I'll have to copy you on that. Also, definitely want to know about your crockpot applesauce.

Grace said...

Cute stuff! I have no Halloween decorations, but I bet I could do those pumpkin pillows, you always have fun ideas.

Sandy said...

I love your decorations!!! I might need to copy you...:)

Bertag Puppies said...

Great Pictures!!!!!
Love you guys

Kimberly Larson said...

Such a cute blog! The pumpkins are the cutest things I have ever seen! I love the rainy day picture. Too cute! Thank you againi for your yummy cinnamon rolls! They were the best!