Friday, November 21, 2008

Miss Fashion Forward

Hannah is getting more independent in choosing what she wears. She often looks much like a bag lady (her need to accessorize with at least 2 bags packed full of junk does little to improve the image) but I have been impressed with her ability to group things which match the absolute least together. Nick has suggested buying more white and black clothes...

As you can tell, leggings seem to be one of Hannah's season favorites. I personally like the added head accessory in the following ensemble:

A few other pictures. We made (despite my craft-making disability) this really cute Thankful Turkey- which we named Tom. He has quickly become a member of our family...Hannah even gives him good morning hug . Silly girl.
What would a blog posting be without a Disneyland picture? This week "It's a Small World" re-opened up after a long period of renovations (what took so long CWDriver?). We were excited and the girls LOVED their first time on the ride.

5 comments:

sienna said...

April- River loves to choose her own clothes too. Some days are better than others...to say the least!She also is into doing her own hair, which consists of picking out 20-25 barrets and placing them all over her head! What a fun age!!!

Elise said...

I am glad I found your blog. You have such a cute family. I am so excite that Small World is open again! Hannah is so cute! I have given up trying to keep Mckenna in matching clothes.

Kimberly Larson said...

I love Hannah's style! She is so cute! I finally started buying Shea clothes that could match no matter what mood she was in. Unfortunately on days she really liked pink or purple, she would do solid top and bottom in the same color. It is on those days that she looks like a large piece of bubble gum!

Jenn Olsen said...

April, Mia is 6 and some her outfits still include a tutu over pj bottoms...I love these days, take lots of pictures. Love you

Sandy said...

Love the outfits, Hannah!! It does get better...Kimball and Heather now at least attempt to rationalize their clothing choices with some random explanation like, "But this shirt has blue in it and that makes it match these red pants!". And don't even get me started on the haird-dos. I can't remember one time that I didn't have at least one child whose hair looked like a homeless person at church - but its because they do their own hair! Independence, baby!

(By the way...I started rolling my kids' "nice" clothes - for school, outtings, etc. where looking like a hobo isn't an option - into sets and put them in a plastic bin for each of them. They can still choose their own outfit roll, but I am guaranteed what they choose matches and hopefully isn't all stained and too nasty)