Our extra bedroom, which the girls call "The Napping Room," has been our dump room from day one. I have been wanting to get in and clean it up a bit for a while and there never seems to be time or energy to spend on it. My parents coming to visit this week seemed like the perfect excuse to do something. I was ready to paint, scrap the ceiling, make a new quilt (ok, not really that one) but Nick gently reminded me we had a master bath still torn apart and this might not be the best time to completely tear apart another room. Instead we moved out a rather large armoire, got a new bed at IKEA, and repainted a bench/shelf which we have had since our Provo days (it is actually the first piece of furniture Nick built for me.) I kept my sewing table in the same place but with the new bed I have a lot more space around it.

The bed can either be a twin, for the majority of the time...

or pull out when we have guests...

I love how the bench and shelf turned out.


Over all, the little baby-steps made a big difference. Speaking of baby-steps, our master bath is starting to come along. Here is how it is looking...


2 comments:
It is all looking so good. I think I might have to get that bed too. I love how it can be a twin, but pull out to a nice size guest bed. Perfect!
everything is looking AWESOME! do you want to come do my house next? :)
Post a Comment